The Republic Day 2019 is around the corner, and we are all prepared to celebrate it with all the zest, enthusiasm and patriotism like all the times.
The constitution of India came into the effect on 26th January 1950. Each year on this day, the Republic Day Celebration is held in the national capital, Delhi before the President Of India. The ceremonious parades take place at the Rajpath and just for that the people from all over the world come to see the glimpse of the unity and rich culture of the country.
There are many interesting facts associated with our Republic Day that every Indian must know and they can actually fill your heart with pride and joy.
- The first ever Republic Day was celebrated after 3 long years after we got Independence.
- The First Republic Day Parade was held on 1955 At Rajpath
- Indian Constitution is one of the unique constitutions in the world. It is one of the longest constitutions and has 448 articles in it.
- Republic Day celebration of India lasts for three days with the beating retreat ceremony on 29th January At Vijay Chowk.
- When India became a republic, it was the first country within the Commonwealth of Nations to do so.
- India adopted its national animal, the lion head from the Ashoka Pillar in Sarnath, on Republic Day in 1950.
We feel proud and honored to be a part of this grand constitution of India.